Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Olan Roger's Spice Of Life


 (this pullover is fantastic, what mountain woman wouldn't want a wolf howling across her bosom?)

I have been a long time fan of Olan Roger's youtube channel, his stories and the way he tells them delight me to no end. I think his zest for life, and what he shares with the world is positive and happy.

I may have mentioned it before, but I think about my future as a proper old lady quite a bit. It's sometimes hard to think past the fun part of the future, the part of owning my own land, having money, being successful, accomplishing goals, spending time on hobbies, raising a family, and so on... all that sort of stuff is exciting and easy to think about, but I try to look at the future that is up and over that mountain of goals, and sneak a peak at the little old lady I will be one day be on the other side of it. It will still be me, an older version of me. I can't get rid of myself... down the road of life and through the next few decades people will move in and out of my life, if I'm lucky I will pick up good friends and have loved ones close by... but one thing is for darn sure, I am still going to be stuck with me. 

It's an eye opening view, but it helps me in my progression. 

Why do I bring this up? Because I think view points are important. What you see in life, your outlook, your thoughts, the things you find important... they contribute to you and the stories you tell.

Some people feel they need to do extravagant things in order to be interesting, or to be impressive. I submit to you that that is simply not true. You can become a beautiful proper old mountain lady, who is charming, witty, and who can inspire with a happy outlook on something ordinary... just by living and LOVING your life.

I'm not sure if this post will make sense to anyone but me.

I just feel that the world doesn't celebrate the quaint and charming parts of every day life. Because of social media, TV, and the internet we think we have to be a jet setter, spend lots of money, stay up to date on trends, be the best at something, do something ridiculous, try something naughty, or be stunningly beautiful to be somebody interesting. Well, I think this guy can put an end to that argument right now. His stories are from simple things, happy outlooks, and childhood memories... and I could listen to him for hours. (bonus points because he doesn't even cuss)

As a proper modern day mountain woman, in my quest to becoming a charming old lady whom you'd be thrilled to sit by at a dinner party, AND in my quest to being a delightful person for myself to grow old with... this young man is a modern day hero and good example.

Olan Rogers recently came out with a new fashion line for fall. Spreading his cheerful perspective to the public, "injecting positivity". I love these tops because they are happy, and also.. very mountain woman chic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +