Thursday, September 10, 2015

Hello September! Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Chocolate Chip Pumpking Bread

I think my favorite time of day is late at night when my kids are safely nestled in their beds and the house is finally clean, silent and peacefully ready for the next day...But the truth is, that it doesn't happen every night- sometimes my kids won't stop getting up for "a tiny drink of water" or the dishwasher gets loaded only moments before I go to bed. However, on those nights when everything goes according to plan I like to celebrate my victory with some lite baking and an uninterrupted viewing of a tv show of my choosing.  Late night baking in a quiet, calm house is the epitome of Fall to me. Nothing feels better than knowing my kids are safely slumbering in a warm, cozy bed while the scent of pumpkin spice wafts through their dreams.

Trust me, I understand the merits of planting, growing, and harvesting your own produce. I also understand the power of a quality made from scratch product. But, more than any of that I know sometimes I just want things to be E-A-S-Y (especially after a long day of spelling tests and a frustrating long division with remainders review). And this recipe is one of those no-brainers. I mean 3 ingredients and the ability to stir is all you need to perfect this simplified version of a quintessential fall treat. I mean it's so easy I don't know if it can even qualify as a recipe. 
 

So may I present to you the cheater-cheater pumpkin eater version of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread:

Ingredients:
1 Box of Spice Cake Mix
1 Can Pumpkin Puree (use the smaller one- I did the bigger one and it was a little too gooey)
1 Cup (or so) of Chocolate Chips*
 
*Chocolate Chips are optional, but what kind of monster omits chocolate chips on purpose? 

Directions:
Mix all 3 ingredients until combined. 
Bake at 350 degrees until fork stuck in the middle comes out clean. I used one giant bread pan (This one from IKEA - which I totally love and recommend) and it took about an hour.  (If using smaller pans it'll obviously take less time)
 
 
-Amanda Jane

P.S. I saw some decent small-scale bread pans at the Dollar Store, of all places - so if you are giving as a gift, or just don't want to invest a lot, may I suggest picking some up there.

For more posts by Amanda Jane, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +