Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Hello September! Busy Day Banana Bread



Today I want to share my family's favorite banana bread recipe. This is the one me and my siblings were raised on, and the one we are most loyal to (other banana bread is okay, but a slice of this bread is divine). It was always a special surprise to come home from school to banana bread. My mom would time it perfectly and be pulling a hot loaf out of the oven just as the school bus was dropping us off on our street. Because of those happy memories, now when I think of a comforting autumn treat... I think of a slice of this with some melted butter on top!

I like this recipe because it is simple... if you notice the bananas on your counter looking too ripe to eat, on the busiest of days you can still throw this together. You most likely have all the ingredients already....

Busy Day Banana Bread - super moist, dense and delicious

Ingredients:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large ripened bananas
2 eggs
2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, cream together cheese and sugar till light; beat in bananas and eggs. Stir in Bisquick and nuts just till moistened. Turn into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 - 65 minutes. If bread browns fast, cover with foil for last 15 minutes. Cool in pan for ten minutes. Remove from pan. Makes one loaf.




1 comment:

+ + + + + +