Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hello September! Pumpkin-Honey Beer Bread

I'm so happy September is here! My monthly Southern Living magazine came in the mail and I immediately started drooling over the fall recipes inside. I found this recipe for Pumpkin-Honey Beer Bread and then looked in my pantry and realized I had everything to make it! So I planned to make it today to kick off September. I came home from work, opened up the front door and was greeted with another yummy cozy smell... my husband had a pot of home-made chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove. Apparently we were both feeling the same Autumn vibe.



I gathered all the ingredients I needed - and an hour later we were dining on yummy soup and delicious bread.... and then we had to sit outside and cool in the evening air for a bit, because the kitchen got waaaay too warm with all that cooking.

It was worth it though, this bread is good!

Here's the recipe...

PUMPKIN-HONEY BEER BREAD

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
2/3 cup beer (at room temperature)
1/4 cup honey
4 large eggs
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp table salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
shortening (to grease the pans)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add pumpkin, and beat at a low speed just until blended.
2. Whisk together flour and next four ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, and beat at low speed just until blended. (mix the batter only until the dry ingredients disappear, lumps are normal) Divide batter between 2 greased (with shortening) and floured 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 45 to 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning if necessary. Cool bread in pans on wire rack for ten minutes. Remove from pan, and cool 30 minutes before slicing.



Peace and pine trees,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +