Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Proper Perfume Etiquette at Work

(proper mountain women are not office hussies)

Lets discuss an important subject for women in the workplace, the etiquette of perfume.

In my current workplace there is a man who DOUSES himself in cologne every day, and you can smell him when he walks near your desk. At another office I worked at, I used to sit down with field surveyors and go over their work on the computer, one individual who chewed tobacco had the foulest breath I have ever smelt in my entire life. As I sat with him I tried to keep my hand over my nose and mouth, trying to look normal, while I tried not to dry heave as he explained utility lines with me.

At work a proper mountain woman smells good. You do not want a strong fragrance that alerts people you just walked by, or that you can smell two cubicles over... and you don't want to offend or overpower someone if you have to sit at their desk to work on something.

The perfect balance would be something fresh and clean smelling, that leaves a small, yet pleasant, impression when you stand close to someone. Save your sexy sensual scents for when you are on a date, they have no place in the workplace.

I asked my two favorite perfume experts, Andie and Jillyn, what fragrance a proper mountain woman would wear to work, here they are...
 
Andie said to go with Marc Jacob's Dot or True Religion's Hippie Chic, because both are super light, energetic, and have fruity vibes with earthy/nature tones.... perfect for a proper mountain woman. Do not go strong on these, keep it light and don't reapply during the day.


Jillyn said she would actually prefer an essential oil body mist over a perfume in the workplace, because it's a natural smell and not over powering. She suggested Chakras from Aveda, she says it balances your soul while making you smell fresh to death!


I think perfume is an interesting subject, here are some articles on the subject of fragrances in the workplace... maybe you'll find them as fascinating as I do:
Wear it 9 to 5: Office-Appropriate Perfume
Are You Wearing Too Much Perfume
5 Perfumes to Wear to the Office

Peace and pine trees,

Whitney


No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +