Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Girls Pearls and May Photos!

It's been a tradition for the past couple of years for my friends and I to find a photo-a-day challenge to participate in. The first time we did it in May of 2012 we were stoked! We thought it would be so awesome, and it really was... but after a few weeks of posting a lot of us gave up and fizzled out of the challenge. We just lacked the resolve! Then, for some reason, we got excited and tried to "give it a go" again in November with the same pathetic results. So now we seem to be in this pattern of getting amped-up for the challenge, losing interest, quitting, swearing to never do a photo-a-day challenge again, letting six months go by, then getting excited again. Rinse and repeat. 

Just a few days ago Amanda texted me a reminder that the biannual photo-a-day challenge was upon us and I had the familiar spark of enthusiasm. I thought to myself  "maybe this is the time, maybe this time I will actually finish and beat the challenge once and for all!"

The thing is, I love the daily photo challenge. I love seeing everyone's posts... the first part of the month when the challenge is fresh in everyone's mind and people are posting every day... it's the best. To me it's like Instagram gold, especially since I have so many good friends that live in different states. Seeing everyone's daily photos and how creative they have been with the prompt of the day is delightful. I admit that I get a little sad when I get on Instagram and nobody has updated anything.

So, because it's that biannual time of year again... and because we think we will be more successful if we helped create the prompts... I give you the Girls Pearls & Powder's photo-a-day challenge:


If you want to join in the fun, use the hashtag #MaysPearlyPhotos so we can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +