Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pretty Snowboard Helmets for Women 13/14


If you have been watching the girls snowboarding events in the Olympics, then you saw the wicked head bump that the sweet 23-year-old from the Czech Republic (Sarka Pancochova) made coming off a big air jump, which cracked her helmet!

That picture of the smashed helmet makes me squirm a little... helmets are so hard, and to have it completely destroyed like that.... oh my gosh, that's terrifying!

A few years ago, I was riding by myself on a really slow day at the resort... I had a whole run to myself so I was just making some graceful 'S' turns across the groomed pitch. It was a sunny day, the snow was soft, and I'm not sure how it happened but the next thing I remember is waking up on the slope with ski patrol around me. Nobody saw it happen, and I don't remember, but I must have made a weird turn... caught an edge or something... and fell and hit the back of my head. Praise the Heavens above, I was wearing my helmet that day.

I have kids and adults that come up to learn how to snowboard without helmets all the time, it's wild to me. These kids and grown ups are just learning, learning mind you, so they are falling all over the place! Why would you not want to protect your head, or your child's head, from that sort of abuse?

if you can't afford one, rent one for the day.

Now... feast your eyes on these lovely helmets below. I am so into the kind that have the little cap on it, they remind me of the helmets a horse rider would wear.




it looks so warm and mountain woman-esque, 
especially with my Sundance red and black uniform... it'd be good:







I don't think you can buy these below, but I wanted to share... 
the designs are magnificent:



1 comment:

  1. I like the orange one, I think orange is my color! I hope to get on the slopes with you soon!

    ReplyDelete

+ + + + + +