Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Gad 2 - An Ode To The Two Man Lift

(+++)

I read this article in Ski Magazine last night by Megan Michelson titled "just the two of us" and thought it was so good!!! If you have ridden Gad 2 at Snowbird, and have a soft spot for two man ski lifts CLICK HERE to read.

I share her sentiment that faster and bigger isn't necessarily better. For me, it's not always about "Go big or go home!" when I pay to snowboard....sometimes it's more about kicking back, slowing down, and taking my time as I wind and carve through the snow (appreciating the mountains by myself or with friends), to me that's one of the best aspects of snowboarding.

awww, Gad 2, you will be missed. 

2 comments:

  1. the Gad 2 lift was perhaps my favorite lift of any I have been on.
    I remember being taken to Snowboard by Phillip Millet. it was a morning after a huge snowfall and the snow was deep.
    Phil was connected, he seemed to know everyone, and they were all pretty fun skiers to watch.
    they would line up at the top of what ever run was under Gad 2 and each person would showcase his skilz. and the line would progress until the first skier had gotten back on the lift, and back in line after the life. I was so cool, and the deep powder eventually became a great mogul run, and Phil and most of others went back to the cars to trade in their soft skis for some stiffer skis. fun day, fun run, beloved lift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand, sometimes you just need a long lift ride to get your legs under you again and enjoy the beauty and intimacy of nature. Had some good days on Gad 2, it will be missed. There are still some out there though, Alta's Wildcat and Park City's Jupiter are my faves. Speaking of which, I'm flying in to go skiing in January. Let's go!

    ReplyDelete

+ + + + + +