Friday, January 11, 2013

CBMWC Part XIV: A Serious Man

I haven't made a Coen Brothers Movie Watching Club post in FOREVER! Like, since April!

Us Shepards became members of the San Diego County library, and now can rent up to 50 movies at a time, for free... every week. We were going a little nutso on the movies there for awhile, because any movie we can think of we can rent and watch... just as long as we request it, and wait patiently for them to email us when it is in our little Alpine branch to pick up.

Knowing I had two more movies to watch in the CBMWC movie club has been on the back of my mind since my last post about it in April. So a couple months ago Dan and I watched A Serious Man.

I didn't like it.

My least favorite movie by them.

I hated the brother with his gross diseases. I hated their marriage. I didn't understand the Jewish references. And sitting here now typing this, I can't even remember what the ending was... I know Dan couldn't stomach it and went to bed, I stayed up to suffer through it... but can't remember if I made it to the ending or not.

I thought this person's blogging about it was good, if you want to read about it from someone who is smarter than me. Have at it.

Here's some movie stills, to remind myself that I never want to see this movie again:






No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +