Thursday, May 19, 2011

So It Turns Out I'm Welsh

Cardiff Bay. This beautiful city, and the capital of Wales, had never even made the slightest 'beep' on my radar before June of last year. I really don't think I had ever heard of it. When we memorized the countries and capitals in jr high - this one for some reason did not stick. But anyways, I randomly decided I was headed to Wales the morning Natalie was scheduled to fly home, so sitting at the computer at our Piccadilly Circus Hostel in London I selected my destination... cities in Wales??... Cardiff Bay is a big stop... oh, it's the capital.... excellent... bought the ticket.

Natalie was told to mind the gap, I waved goodbye to her as her train took off, and I got on a different tube that took me to King's Cross to catch my train.

I was a little nervous not knowing what was at the end of the line, and I told myself if I didn't enjoy Cardiff Bay I could hop on another train and move on to Edinburg - then make a  full circle back to London before I had to fly home to Utah.

But when my big back pack and I stepped off the train, and I emerged from train station to be greeted by the humongous welsh rugby stadium (didn't know it was actually rugby at that moment) which was shaped like a big beautiful ship with its retractable roof (didn't know it retracted just then), reflecting off the gorgeous river Taff (someone informed of the name later), along this awesome river walk way - right across from the hostel I was staying at (discovered this after I started walking around asking for directions) I could already feel that I was going to fall head over heels for this city.





No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +