Monday, May 16, 2011

Bridals In The Orchard Shack


Orchard shack, apple shack, cider shack, apple beer shack, garage, shed, shanty, cabin... whatever you want to call what I live in... when my friend (and hair stylist), Anne, came over to do my hair last fall she said that my orchard shack was where she wanted to do her bridals.

"I hope you have a creative photographer", I replied, when I told her she could use my place. Thinking she was crazy.

Well, Anne showed up at my shack at the end of November with her mom and a photographer named Tamara, threw on a wedding dress with a pair of cowboy boots - and here ya go... some pretty rad bridals.

My mom came over to help me clean everything really well before she came, and then stayed for the few hours the bridals were shot in. The lights, huge umbrellas and cords everywhere made it impossible to move around (the top floor of my shack is only 225 sq ft) but being trapped watching Anne be photographed was such a treat. She really is crazy. My mom, her mom, photographer and I were laughing almost the entire time.

Here's Anne jumping on my couch:


Anne, posing as a house wife, in front of my sink:


Anne, posing with my almost-dead flower bouquet, which I hadn't planned on being in the shoot - or else I would have bought fresh flowers:






I love this these ones below:





My backyard is surprisingly perfect for bridal photography - if the bride happens to be wearing cowboy boots. I have an old window to model in front of and a silo... repeat... I have a silo in my backyard. The outdoor photos are my favorite, you can see more of them here: tamaraelisephotography


2 comments:

  1. Very cool.
    The Apple shack is awesome- you need to submit some photos to apartment therapy.com (small=cool).

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! I'll be there one day!! and Jenn can take the pics! i wish state lines and miles didn't exist

    ReplyDelete

+ + + + + +