Thursday, February 26, 2009

Insta Care

Sam thought he broke his finger last night slam dunking basketballs. I guess his finger got caught in the rim and messed up his middle finger. It was all bloody, and the bone looked disjointed. Sam came home and told me it hurt real bad, and went in the bathroom and popped it back into place. Just to be on the safe side, and because I have been needing a visit myself, we went in for a check-up at the insta care.
 
They were way nice, and instead of making us pay to admit sam, the nurse just looked at his finger and suggested it probably was only dislocated. Gave him a little cast thing for FREE and told him if it doesn’t get better he probably chipped a bone and may need to actually get it looked at.
I admitted myself, and felt pretty stupid that I was in there just for this weird sore on my arm. But really, I have had this sore since at least September of 2007 when I first noticed it, something must be done!

this picture was taken in new york  after the connor oberst concert. sam has the x's on his hands, and right above my green wrist band you can sort of see the weird little sore.
 
The nurse asked me about the bump on my arm, and I told her my dilemma. I told her my other quack of a doctor gave me some cream for it and it didn’t help, and that my sister (mckay) had even performed surgery on it… nothing has worked.
Nurse:  oh, is this sister of yours a nurse?
Me:  no, I just had her cut it out with an exacto knife, and then it grew back.
Nurse: didn’t that hurt?
Me: yeah, it hurt like crazy.
Nurse leaves, doctor comes in.
Doctor: Let’s see what your sister has cut into you. (he looks at it) There is a cyst in there, you are going to need a biopsy to get it out.
Me: Are you sure? My sister didn’t see anything in there when she cut it open.
Doctor: And just what sort of medical background does your sister have?
Me: um… she’s good with blood. Should I just have her have a go at it again?
Doctor: Well since the last surgery obviously failed, I recommend you calling your normal doctor and having him remove it.
Me: Okay, sounds good.

And that's that. Thanks insta care!

7 comments:

  1. What the H?

    Who the H do they think they are? Whitney i had one of those on my head remember? I could get it out. . .i didn't realize that that was what we were dealing with.

    Now that it has been properly diagnost we can get it out!

    Frick!

    Oh my heck. . .

    I'll be down soon, I'll sew both your pants, and remove your groth.

    If you would have kept it properly covered like i told you non of this would have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. properly covered? are you insane, how does keeping a band aide on it get the cyst out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty good with needle nose pliers. Why don't we have mckay hack at it for awhile with the exacto knife and I'll dig in their with my trusty needle nose and pull the damn thing right out and then we can have sam take it down once it is out of your arm with some sort of home made explosive. I mean, what would the pioneers have done? this could be a spiritual experience and a chance to connect with our heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one of my favorite blog entries of all time. are you getting real surgery anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. (who is studio fiasco and can he submit this to the New Era?)

    ReplyDelete

+ + + + + +