Thursday, April 2, 2015

Mountain Woman Music: Lucky 2015

Clear back in 2002 I had already decided what the best two albums of the year 2015 would be: Belle and Sebastian's Girls in Peacetime Want to Dance and Modest Mouse's Strangers to Ourselves. My teenaged brain from 2002 will always think that these artists are the best... and this year the teenager me and 2015 me are dancing together, and freaking out that it can't get any better than this!

I've been hoping for new Modest Mouse since their last studio album in 2007! Lampshades on Fire is groovy, makes you wanna get down, and pure Modest Mouse magic. The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box has such a good and joyful beat and I love the lyrics. The Best Room has classic Modest Mouse break downs and beat change ups that make you feel like you are snowboarding down a mountain of music, one of the many great lines from this song is "the family living upstairs must drive a fleet of ride along mowers". Wicked Campaign is straight up rad (my friend Tom said it was like Brandon Flowers and Isaac Brock had a baby and named it awesomeness) it does sound like a good Killers song, which isn't a bad thing. Sugar Boats... amazing. And Coyotes is just sweet. All the other songs are good too, and rumor is they had more, so another album way be coming out soon with the rest!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QXRNCEK/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00QXRNCEK&linkCode=as2&tag=ralt-20&linkId=DVZ3J3EOEGSHKRIY

Belle and Sebastian. I have always loved these guys, and listened to their songs over and over again... I would have guessed that throughout the years that their music and I would have grown apart. It seems like most musicians I liked back in the day, if they are still making music, are too weird and too artsy for me now. Belle and Sebastian's newest album has been such a surprise and delight to me. The Party Line makes me want to go disco roller skating, I have been listening to this song and feeling groovy nonstop since I first heard it. Allie to me is like an old Belle and Sebastian song I loved back in high school but new improved for today. I love Everlasting Muse. The Book Of You is lovely. And Ever Had a Little Faith? was written just for you. Really, the whole album makes me want to learn French, get a pet cat, and plant some tomatoes in the best way.
http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Peacetime-Dance-Belle-Sebastian/dp/B00OGYUV14/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1427911046&sr=1-1&keywords=belle+and+sebastian+girls+in+peacetime+want+to+dance

Both of these gems are worth paying for and getting the vinyl. But, of course, that's just one proper mountain woman's opinion.

Listen to both these albums for free HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +