Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Integrity Poster


I've been a long time fan of this print, something about it speaks to my mountain loving soul. A few years ago I bought it in the largest print size possible, had it framed, and hung it in my bedroom above my bed, then later I had it on prominent display in the middle of the orchard shack's sitting area wall. I always got such different reactions from people about it... some really loved it and wondered where they could get themselves a print, and others looked at it confused and wondered what it meant, to which I'd reply "what do you think it means?"

Because, in all honesty, I really don't know what it's intended meaning is. And the meaning changes for me depending on the mood I'm in. The little description italicized in this link asks "are your roots anchored?" Sometimes I look at it and I'm sad that the giant tree of integrity is gone, and all that's left is the stump... then other times I get a feeling of pride thinking of all the years that tree lived, and how strong it must have been to have such a beautiful big root system that will forever be in the ground... what a legacy to leave behind. I also wonder what that new little shoot-off represents growing off the stump.

I love integrity. To have integrity you gotta be strong, it means you gotta do what's right deep in your heart despite outside influences. I think it's one of the hardest virtues to always be good at, and one that the world easily throws aside... making those with integrity that much more beautiful in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +