Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Recap

Life changing, pivotal moments occurred this past year... and like a dummy, I went and almost gave up on blogging!

2012 was my lowest post year ever!

Even though I didn't post a ton, I still plan on posting most of what happened in a series of recaps (lucky you, I know), and will start with recapping an event I had been looking forward to for a loooooong time... an event I anticipated my whole life it feels like, an event that filled my heart with a jealous rage every time another one of my friends beat me to it, an event that most little girls dream about...... yes, this past year I finally said yes to an iPhone, and was united forever with my friends near and far with an app I had been drooling over for months, Instagram.

Every time McKay would show me a new post from my friends, I was green with envy, and felt so left out of their secret little club! Friends of mine who lived out of state and weren't on Facebook decided to be on Instagram... and everybody was laughing, and sharing, and taking cute pictures with cute filters  (and corn-balling!!!) except me! So I took the plunge and got an iPhone, and that very same week I got one, Instagram was released to all other smart phones... don't worry, I wasn't upset.

I was thrilled!

Finally! A social networking site my entire immediate family is on (since mom doesn't facebook, and mckay doesn't tweet)... it's like heaven really... especially for me living a couple states away from everyone. It helps stay connected.

So today I am recapping my favorite 2012 instagrams, here they be:

front sight in April

lots of countdowns for Dan

Sam's mothers day card was epic this year

 Parents at Max's show


Traffic counts at the Great Salt Lake 

 Handsome Dan makes the light work

Thanksgiving point

Backgammon with Dan in the tulips

Love this chapel by the Orchard Shack

 Lots of mule rides with Mary Jane
 Black Keys with Andie


Announcing on instagram getting engaged


Finding love notes from Dan in my Orchard Shack




The eclipse!

Jim Horrock's gives me my first engagement present:




Dan and I usher a rodeo



Moving out of Orchard Shack

 Station 22 family time

Roller derby with Dan, both wearing new vans

 Another show with the family

Happy Dan is in town

Staying with the Simpsons

Dan's work


Visits to San Diego



Strawberry Days Rodeo

Doodle and rhino beetle hunting in St George

more doughnuts than normal this year

 painted my nails a lot

Ate at Super Salsa a billion times in El Cajon

Dan sells his bike


 Deliveries from Dan at work

Engagements in Balboa Park

 Walked a lot of State Street in Midvale for work

Sara's wedding

Family at Sara's wedding

 Early morning gym work outs

Drives through Vegas to California

 Daddy daughter shooting dates

Soaking up canyon views on Canyon View Dr while I can

lots of Ting Ting

forest service station visits for wedding spot permit


 lots of buffalo in my instagrams this year,
probably because I have decided I want a pet buffalo


 Mom living it up at Buffalo Bills




talking to Dan every night

 licensed to marry

mt mahogany

married and moved to Alpine CA!


 





mini San Diego model downtown










I turned 29 this morning


 reading about Miranda and Blake and knitting with camo yarn

Shooting and gun stuff with the mister

being spoiled


loving southern CA weather


Parents visit!





view from our porch

utah christmas!



Beaver pictures

anticipating baby Dewey, with a baby buffalo

ting ting gets pregnant again

Little instagram snippets of 2012. 


Also, I found this link helpful in getting all my instagrams into one file on my computer: http://web2.instaport.me/

7 comments:

  1. loved that recap! and ugh i want instagram so bad, i feel the same way about everyone being in their special little club. thank you for at least letting me check up on people on your phone sometimes, means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, of course! I have been where you have been... and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, especially you... because I know your captions and grams would delight the world of grammers to no end. We need you and your wit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've really outdone yourself with the new goal. I was going to respond to your instagram the other day but I don't know how to tag you in it. I'm still learning. Anyway, I got the book!!! I'm already a fan and feel a tight connection. She is one of 12 kids and I'm one of 11. Plus we both have blond hair and live in Tennessee. Maybe this isn't the place for all this Dolly talk, but THANK YOU so much. I love her, and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this. Another friend did an instagram post. I think i might copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome post!! Love the Orchard Shack and the Chapel by the Shack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You forgot a hash tag (you know that one right???) Remember how Instagram reminds you how beautiful your life can be?


    #whitneybeaverpix

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love instagram. best thing that ever happened to us. #whitdonemarry

    ReplyDelete

+ + + + + +