Friday, April 17, 2009

Transylvania Bike Tour


I just found this biking tour which goes through the most beautiful places in Romania.
Sighisoara, sinia, saxon villiages, brasov, castles... places I haven't even heard of, most I haven't even been to. One of my favorite memories of Romania is standing at the train's window and watching the beatuiful country go rolling by. I love romania country. Seven days out exploring it on a bike sounds breath-taking. I want to go so bad it makes my heart hurt.   next summer.



8 comments:

  1. let's go! amanda, I'm making that bike you found into a working road bike for natalie. But since it's garage sell weather soon... I'll keep my eyes peeled for you a bike to fix up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will give up buying clothes for a year to go on this tour!

    let it begin...this makes my heart hurt and yurn so bad too

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be so cool. I've been reading this book that has Romanian gypsies in it--did you know they came from India?

    Maybe you can just bike over to India, too! I mean, why not? Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What book is it you are reading? I want to read it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The Last Oracle" by James Rollins--I found it on the "new fiction" shelf at the library

    ReplyDelete

+ + + + + +