Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Inspirational Links About Work & Pursuits

Hello! I have two lovely links to share with you today...

Ya know when you read something and it stays with you for a while, and you find yourself thinking about it again and again? That's how these posts have been for me, and since they were positive, thought-provoking, and helpful for me... I thought I would share them.

The first one I heard over the weekend when I was working on a quilt listening to some podcasts. Glenn Beck shared it on the air, I loved it so much I listened to it three times.

10 Reasons You Have To Quit Your Job In 2014, I thought #4 and #10 were the most thought provoking... and I totally agree. Money is not happiness, and working at a "job" does not create abundance... you need to pursue what will make your life the most enriched and satisfying. Not based off money, but based off being creative, and doing what you want to do. I believe that a simple life can be the most satisfying.

The second one is called My Secret to Work / Life Balance, written by a cool girl who runs a letterpress company in Heber City. I was impressed when she writes about the things that she wishes that she had time for (like going to concerts, staying up to date on music, or teaching), but made the deliberate decision to not pursue them... so that she would not be stretched so thin. And now she is more happy focusing on what her top priorities are.

Hope you enjoy reading those, since I don't haven anything of my own to post.... but here are some pretty pictures I took of two blossoming trees that have grown together, and now looks like one tree with pink and white blossoms. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +