Tuesday, May 5, 2015

North To Alaska

Andie is back in Alaska this summer, and she has written a post on what to pack if you are also planning on heading up North.

WHAT TO PACK TO ALASKA
by: Andie

This is what I packed for my summer, some "must haves" to be the proper Alaskan mountain woman:


Rain Boots - this is an obvious one, it rains a ton Ketchikan and you got to have some rain boots - the locals all wear Tufs

Moccasins - every proper mountain girl needs her a few pairs of moccasins. A lightweight shoe perfect for exploring or shopping at the local Safeway.

Adventure Pack
  • canteen with the perfect trail mix
  • trusty knife
  • nalgeen
  • lens for my phone - easy clip on fish eye
  • your lucky adventure hat

Warm Flannels - they are a must in the mountains, lets get real.
 
Other Proper Gear -  
  • warm hoodie to layer under all my different rain coats. I found the best hoodie at H&M in the guys section. It has a big turtle neck on it, I can wear it with my rain jacket hood up and it keeps my neck warm. The layering look is my favorite, it's a more thoughtful and interesting look.
  • I found the perfect Levi jacket and ended up cutting off the sleeves. For those overcast cold days with no rain.  
  • and, of course, rain jackets! You can't have too many of them. Again, one of my favorites comes from the guy section at H&M. I like my jackets to be light weight and have deep pockets for my hands. 
 
You can follow along with Andie's adventure's this summer by clicking here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +