Thursday, November 14, 2013

North Face Pull-Over Booties

A couple weeks ago I was wandering the aisles of Cabela's, like proper mountain woman do, and was stopped dead in my tracks by these new booties by north face:



The Termoball Pull-on Bootie... new this season. Both pairs of these winter booties seem to encompass so many parts of my heart and soul. Sitting there on the shelf, they just looked ready to proudly take part in a proper mountain woman's winter adventures. 

I feel like these booties have a child-like spirit, reminding me of hours spent outside as a kid in the snow... They have a promise of future winter neighborhood adventures, slipping them on to shovel the walks, bringing Christmas treats to neighbors, or hurrying out to help push a car out of a snow-bed in front of your house. 

There is something magical about these retro, red, white, & blue booties, because they have me excited for winter moments I didn't know I ever missed! Like the moments in winter evenings spent carefully hurrying up a friends freshly shoveled driveway, to be welcomed by warm light and winter cheer at the front door. You come in, take your wet boots off, and gather together to enjoy good company... the best part of dark snowy evenings is that everyone's houses seem more cozy. 

I'm excited for snow in the valley.





No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + + + + +